Sunday, September 2, 2007

Another New Project...

I've started another project that I am quite excited about. I started making some 'flowers', for no particular reason other than to practice a new crochet pattern. So far I've only been making the 'classic' granny squares. Then I decided to browse Etsy and see what crochet products were for sale which lead me to this kinda neat scarf idea. There were a few scarfs that had crocheted flowers sewn together to make the scarf. The flowers were a bit different to mine but I think it will still work with these. There's also this tutorial on You Tube that shows you how to make this ruffled flower which I really like and so I'm thinking I'll make a few of those too and add them to the scarf in a random fashion, just to add some dimension and texture.


This is the beginning of the scarf, at the end though I want to sew them together so they are more random. I don't want just a chain of flowers. I don't quite know how to explain what I want with words, when I make more I'll take a picture and show you what I mean. It will be mainly that blue colour with a few red/maroon ones scattered between the blues, just to make it a bit more interesting.



This is just an update photo showing the progress I've made on the granny square blanket. I've decided to make it more of a lap blanket. I've decide to make it 6x8 squares which are about 7 inches. Also I want to add a bit of a boarder like a scallop shell design, not really quite sure but that's what I'm thinking of at the moment. Anyhow I hope you have all had a refreshing and pleasant weekend and may the week to come be full of fun creative moments!

1 comment:

MAIZEE said...

Hi! Looks like your grannying right along. Your afghan is growing very nicely. The color mix looks good. You're idea to make only a lapghan makes sense. See, you'll probably finish it. Then you can reward yourself and start 2 new projects. When making a quilt I've started out with big intentions and then changed my mind and gone to a smaller version or wallhanging to get something done.
Those little flowers look so cute and they will make a very pretty and unusual scarf. So dainty. I'll be intersted to see how it turns out.
I started another little project and its almost done. A little bird. There is another "crochet along" that's showing Amigurmi's and has patterns, instructions, etc. People are making some really cute things. Have you checked it out? Christina mentioned it at our Crochet Along on Sept 1.
I'll keep in touch and you do the same.