Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Granny Art




Looking for some inspiration I googled 'granny squares' and found this image. I am in love with the idea of making a series of gorgeous little granny squares out of unusual threads and applying them to canvases as this person has. I'm looking at the one on the top that is mounted onto jean fabric and thinking how quaint it would be to stitch tinny granny squares to say the bottom or the pockets of a pair of jeans or around the hem of a jean skirt. Could be a bit daggy I guess but unique! I'm afraid I am still just plodding away with the scarf and granny blanket so I don't really have any new photos to show you all. I'm also working on an assignment at the moment which is giving me a hard time. I don't remember having such a hard time with an assignment, I am literally just hoping to pass it which is unlike me. It's sucking all the fun and life out of me darn it!

I've been looking at some quilt patterns trying to decide which one I will try and make over the school holidays. I particularly like the one below. There's something comical about the image in the middle. You can't really see it in this photo but there's a English man taking a Victorian lady for a ride in the most ridiculous buggy which is being pulled by what looks like dogs instead of horses. I haven't been able to find any fabric print as comical as that so I've done some more googling to find images that I can then transfer onto the fabric.

.


Anyhow I hope everyone else is having a much better time these days than I am. The assignment is due Friday so only two more days of torture either way, or at least until I get the assignment back saying I failed. Ahhhhh. Thanks for the comments everyone!


No comments: