Saturday, March 29, 2008

Update on Quilted Gifts

Here are some photos of the finished baby mat. I am actually quite pleased with how it turned out, very colourful and I think playful. I like that I ended up making a 'neutural' coloured mat because if the have other children later, boys and girls, they all can use it! I do hope it proves useful to the parents. I know they have polished floor boards in the house so this would protect the child from the cold floor when it is playing- that's the idea anyhow.

I have also got some photos of the cushions I have been making. I have finished piecing the tops and putting the borders on. I am now contemplating whether I do quilt them or will the stitching make the tops too busy? I could dip stitch them but I am totally hopless at that and you can always see some stitches. Oh I don't know but I do have some time to think about it.


As you can see I have decided on making 4 cushions. I don't think I could fit more in my suitcase! Also I eliminated the green squares in the corners, I had cut them out and set it up with them in the corners but it acutally looked wrong. It looked good in the mockup design but in real life YUCK! don't know why but it just did! I think that gold/green material is what I will use for the reverse side.

No comments: