Friday, March 14, 2008

Baby Play Mat Quilt!

I have started making a baby/toddler quilted play mat for my boyfriend's brother's soon to be born baby. I didn't know the sex of the baby when I bought the material but since then I have learnt that it will be a baby girl. Anyhow the colours I chose are neutral, neither traditionally boys' or girls' colours but bright fun and almost tasty! I used my block book again but this time it let me down, the measurements were wrong by an inch! Thank God I didn't make that many before I realised they wouldn't fit together. I might use the spare bits as part of the border's corners. I've never made this pattern before so it's been fun and also quite easy because you just have one corner that has to match up.

Here is a photo/mock up of how I plan to finish it with the border. I was also thinking the purple material as the binding.


No comments: