Friday, April 4, 2008

What Do You Do When You've Stuffed Your Back...?

Oh dear the last few days have literally been a pain in the back! I was bending down to put the dishes in the dishwasher and bam I pulled my lower back out of place. I couldn't bend down, lift my left leg up or do much at all really. The chiropractor was closed so I couldn't even get in to have my back looked at. All I could really do, without creating the kind of pain that makes you want to scream and cry, was to lay on my back with an ice pack. And what does one do when they can only lay down like this? Try their hand at a new crochet pattern of course!

So there I lay Wednesday night with baby wool and a size 2 crochet needle oh and of course a really poorly written pattern off the web. I soon realised that the patterned needed thin crocheting cotton and not yarn and that even though I had 4 ply yarn it was going to turn out HUGE if I continued with the pattern. So as one does I altered the pattern and made my own very plain version of a baby bonnet. ( I have since bought the crochet cotton and will do a 'take two' of the pattern)

Here are a few pics of the finished baby hat.

We don't have a baby to model the hat for you but this teddy bear was kind enough to fill in. As you can see my first attempt at crocheting something other than a granny square has produced a very daggy item indeed.

1 comment:

leslie said...

Your little lace cap turned out to be adorable even tho you struggled with the pattern! I know about poorly written patterns! I'm new at knitting and ended up having to frog a vest I had knitted 13 inches because of the pattern! I was too inexperienced to try to figure out the problem! Anyway... the cap is adorable! AND... I love the quilted pillows!