Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Engagement Dinner in Xanten, Germany

While I was still in Australia Axel, being the ´events manager´that he is, organised a family dinner at a local restaurant to celebrate and officially announce our engagement. Here are some photos of the evening.



Axel´s parents, grandmothers and brothers, with their girlfriends attended the dinner at the restaurant Dalmatien. It was a lovely evening and the food was great. Axel got up and officially announced why we were there and that we planned on getting married in April 2010. We were then congratulated by members of his family and everyone officially welcomed me into the Remy family which was very touching and yes I almost cried I was that overwhelmed with happiness.


It was a little embarrassing. Axel and I had to go to a doctor´s appointment and also get Axel´s hair cut before the dinner. It took much longer than we thought so we actually didn´t have time to go home and get ready thus why we looked like this... Axel in tracksuit pants and I in a t-shirt and jeans. Not the best look for your engagement dinner especially when everyone else is dressed up! Oh well...


In April 2010 I will be able to officially call baby Lena my niece. I already love her so much!


1 comment:

Rima said...

Congratulations! What great news!