Thursday, January 1, 2009

Handmade Christmas Presents


Just thought I´d post a few photos of the Chrissy presents I made for Axel´s niece and mum. Both presents were appreciated and many thanks were given. It was amazing and a great relief for me to see the cardigan and beanie I made Lena fit so perfectly. It´s tricky making clothes for a baby that is growing so fast, you have no idea how much they will grow over the 5 months you are away.


Anyway I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and a great start to the new year, I know mine has gone off with a ´bang´! I can´t believe how many fireworks were lit in Berlin. Everywhere on the streets people were throwing those little bangy fireworks (I don´t know what they are called fireworks are illegal in Australia) and then the other rocket ones. The appartment above our friends caught on fire from fireworks sparks. The firebrigade and police had to come but by the time they did our friends had broken into the appartment and put out the fire which we later found out was just a flaming plastic chair on the balcony.



As you can see it looked quite bad.

2 comments:

Rima said...

The cardigan and beanie is so cute! Lovely color too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy Ann, Lovely Quited Christmas Table Runner. Thank you for stopping by my quilting blog, Loving Stitches. I'm glad you are interested in the pattern for the Maple Leaf Block. I've been wanting so much to get back to that, but Christmas got me behind on the blogging, and some family members have been sick, etc, so I'd almost forgotten it. I need to photograph the block pieces and write the directions. I hope to do that soon. Please some back to see if they are posted and if not, remind me to get to it, OK? I never know what to work on first, and I always feel like all the other things are more important. I hope you are having a great new year. Take care, Carol Jean