Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's Been a While...sorry

It's been a quite a long time since I last posted an entry, it's just that things have been REALLY busy. I've been back at work for three weeks and within those three weeks I've had to prepare the whole school art show, coordinate the opening night, finish an assignment for uni, have meetings with parents and adult centres for my students who are leaving, I've had an exam, my sister's 21st birthday and of course actual everyday work to attend. I've still got half of the assignment to finish it's due Tuesday so wish me luck! Oh and my cousin had a baby boy two weeks ago as well...can't forget to mention such good news!
Anyhow amongst all this I have managed to work a little on a cross stitch that I started around April this year. It is for a friends new born baby. I had planned to finish it last school holidays but the library lost the book with the pattern and I couldn't find my photocopies. I did though find it on Amazon.com.uk and paid a heap load to buy it. The book itself just arrived a week ago.




As you can see from the first photo I've also bought a cross stitch book that has patterns inspired by antique samplers. I just love old fashion samplers, you know the ones with little houses and flowers, a few bunnies or birds. I want to adapt one of the patterns so that it includes 'home sweet home' in it. I think it would be just lovely to have a classic 'home sweet home' piece hanging in the house. Anyhow I better get back to the assignment, I've just felt a little bad for not keeping posts more regular. Hope everyone is well and getting ready for a festive Halloween. It's a shame we don't really celebrate it here in Australia.

No comments: