Friday, January 1, 2010

To 'New year's resolution' or not?

For the last few years I've given up on even setting new year's resolutions, what's the point I never keep them. Don't even know anyone that does. And they always seem to be the same ones, get fit, lose weight, eat right with the occasional read more books, get back to art.

Is there anyone out there that has actually kept their new year's resolutions? Is there a way of setting them and actually achieving success?

Having said all this I am one to make a 'what I want to do this year' list and it usually becomes more of a yearly to-do list like a daily to-do list. So what do I have to do this year?

1. Finish renovations on the house
2. Finish planning wedding and get married
3. Pay off more of home loan
5. Finish craft projects not finished from this year
6. Get body ready for pregnancy
7. Extend work skills
8. Start a vegetable garden
9. Maintain happy house and marriage
10. Continue to be pill free, (finally I have come off my antidepressants and want to stay that way!)
11. Living more frugally and environmentally responsible with the main focus being on recycling and getting others to do so as well as being self sustainable as possible. (bring on the solar panels, veggie patch, chooks and water tanks!

I also should be less sporadic when it comes to blogging. Anyhow lets see how things go. I got a feeling this is going to be a busy and exciting year! By the way did I mention I'll be turning 30 this January?

Happy new year everyone, hope it's a good one for you all and that you make the most of it. Hope you pass by and keep in touch with comments and follow me towards being more environmentally responsible. We can do it!... and should do it!

1 comment:

Leaves of the family tree said...

That is a big list....You are going to be sooo busy
Especially good lick with number 10 - Maybe I'll manage this too one day!