Wednesday, December 10, 2008

November and December Swap Blocks

I can't believe it's been just over a year when I first joined the block swap. It's been a great experience making very different blocks for 12 different ladies around the world. I've seen this block swap as a great way to experiment with colours and new block designs. As you can see below I've even had a go at a log cabin style block! I've also used my 'blanket' stitch on my machine for one of the other blocks which was the first time I ever did any applique.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the women who have participated in the swap and who have sent me the most wonderful blocks ever! I am thinking about putting all the blocks together to make a small quilt that I can either hang or drape over the couch. I will be in Germany for most of next year and without a sewing machine so I must remember to let the administrator know that I won't be swapping next year. I'm quite sad about that, it has been lots of fun.

No comments: