Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Visiting Franz Marc Museum in Kochel am see


Finally after 14 years of wishing and hoping I made it to the Franz Marc Museum in Kochel am see! I first came across the artists Franz Marc in 1994 when I was studying art as an elective at highschool, and instantly I fell in love with his work and the artist himself. I must say that I thought the museum would feature photos and artifacts from his life but I was wrong it is a real gallery that feautres his work and that of other modern artists who were his friends or working around the same time. I think the house he had in Reid is actually set up in this fashion. I wish I knew where it was so I could visit it.


Here is the view of the museum from the carpark, the gardens are so beautiful as are the surrounding forrest and mountains.
Here is the view from the other side of the car park, the actual Kochel am see, ´lake Kochel´

And finally here I am standing outside of the Franz Marc museum. Thank you Axel for making my dream come true, driving me all the way across your country to see my beloved Franz Marc.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Lucky you! I love the Blue Riders!

Rachel said...

I tagged you! Details are on my blog if you're interested in playing along.