Friday, February 29, 2008

Awesome Quilt Blocks Book!

I love my new quilting book that Axel bought me at the Australasian Quiting Expo. It has patterns and measurements for 1000 blocks. All the measurements are seam inclusive so there's no need to add or convert measurements just cut out the pieces and viola beautiful blocks! There is a square and triangle section, hexagon section and some others which are more free form and for these they have the outline of the pieces which you then photocopy to size and use as a template. Here is a photo of the book and my first attempt at using the book. I also tried a product which is new to me- quilt basting spray an adhesive spray used instead of pining everything together. I don't think I like it that much as it makes everything quite stiff and doesn't completely keep the material in place. I think it will be good when making coasters or table runners but not blankets and larger quilts.

No comments: